Advanced Yoga Therapy Certification :: The Science of Self
MindBody Centering Yoga Therapy (MBCYT) Certification is a multi-leveled, trauma-sensitive-based Yoga 1000-hour program, supported by our membership with the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) and Yoga Alliance (YA). This carefully designed therapeutic program is a vibrant holistic approach to the Science of Yoga. Our cutting edge curriculum is founded on many years of professional experience with Yoga as a curative art and science. This program also incorporates the latest research in:
- Yoga Sutra
- Restorative Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- Nada Yoga
- Chakra Research
- Mindfulness & Contemplative Studies
- Kinesthesiology & Anatomy
- Multi-cultural Counseling Therapeutics
- Psycho-somatic Assessment
- Longevity lifestyle practices
The prerequisite for this program is an RYT-200 Certification (yoga therapy-oriented school preferred). We also consider those who may not have RYT-200 Certification but have commensurate experience and proficiency in yoga, therapy, or other therapeutic professions, such as mental health professionals, nurses, massage therapists, and occupational therapists.
The MBCYT 300-hour program is multi-level and consists of MBCYT Fundamentals is the completion of the MBCYT-300 Certificate. (The combination of an RYT-200 Certificate + an MBCYT-300 Certificate will provide the credits needed for RYT-500 Certification from the Yoga Alliance).
MBCYT-300 will incorporate special readings and active participation in support of students in the MBCYT classroom . The student will be expected to support with mentoring practices of meditation, asana, pranyama, yoga nidra, anatomy, ayurveda. Selected readings will be explored in additional class hours during the week, which culminate in case studies of Self, individual clients and groups.
Advanced MBCYT studies ance credit can be attained with our Specialized Certifications include:: The MBCY Empowerment Circle, Mindfulness for the Workplace, MBC Yoga for Injury prevention and rehabilitation for Athletes, Yoga for Special Children & Families, Supportive Restorative Yoga Nidra, MBC Trauma-Sensitive Yoga.
Acquiring full MBCYT Certification can take 8-12 months.
This program consists of multiple 25-hour weekends, specialty workshops, asana classes, plus additional hours of self-study research.
Each weekend we investigate the body’s innate physical, mental, emotional, and energetic intelligences and how those relate to specific symptoms of ‘dis-ease’. To explore the relationships between the mind and body, we blend techniques from therapeutic yoga, psycho-somatic assessment, research design, Ayurveda, nutrition, Yoga Sutras, Restorative Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Trauma-sensitive relationships, Kriya, creative expression, curative movement, and healing hands-on assists. With this broad and deep base of knowledge, we examine (through the science of Yoga) shifting the perception of pathology into Positive Proactive Possibility.
We reference works of various mentors such as Thich Nhat Hanh, M.C. Richards, Dr. Vasant Lad, Peter Levine, Virginia Satir, Carl Jung, Rupert Sheldrake, Dharma Mittra, Anodea Judith, and John O’Donohue. We also reference the Diagnostic Systems Manual (DSM) for scientific methods of mental health measurement.
All modules are supervised by Psycho-Somatic Therapist Nina Be (MEd, MA, NBCC, E-RYT-500). Teachers include Jessica Vellela (Doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine, Bachelor's of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery), Dr. Maurice Werness ND ( longevity health and chronic disease), Isabel Castellvi (nada yoga ) and other experts.
We support IAYT's educational standards for yoga therapy and intend to apply for IAYT accreditation following implementation of the new process.
TOPICS OF STUDY
- Asana Therapeutics: Creating Freedom by Understanding Yoga as dynamic mindfulness and curative movement
- Mindfulness Meditation Technique as a basis for all understanding.
- MBCYT Mental Health Therapeutics for Yoga Teachers & Care Givers
- MBCYT Chakra Studies: Integrative approaches to creating balance in the whole body & mind
- Nada Yoga: Resonance, Mantra & Freedom
- Sutra Studies: Practical interpretations to master teachings
- Ayurveda Fundamentals: Expert guidance into curative lifestyle practices; marma, doshas, pancha karma, vayus & gunas
- Conscious Anatomy: Understanding the Self by experiencing the living body systems
- Comparative Psychology of Self, Dyads and Groups to build a nourishing therapeutic relationship: Understanding Humanism, Archetypes of the Interior and External World, Applied Mindfulness
- Phylogeny of Being: Experience and Consciousness
- Nutrition for Longevity: Expert guidance & tips from the longevity 'hotspots'.
- Chronic Disease: Re-languaging out of Pathology into Potential
- MBCYT Restorative Yoga Nidra: Expert guidance to support curative assists for the body and mind
- Biology: Exploring interconnections to all of life as a resource through experiencing the bioenergetic fields
- Research: Affirming the results of MindBody Centering Yoga on any condition through valid and creative modes of measurement
Location: Global Breath Studio :: 119 W Main St #300 :: Durham NC 27701
Hours: Fridays 6-9pm & Saturdays & Sundays 7:30 am - 6:30 pm (Additional advanced courses are offered in the evenings Mon - Fri)
- Evening of Mindfulness
- Sound healing Workshop
- Fix My Knees
- MBCY Sequencing Matrix: Understanding the Mind thru the Body (Saturdays 2-4pm.)
- Understanding the Mind thru the Body: Sequencing for Yoga
- Conscious Anatomy: The Skeletal System & Alexander Technique
- Heart-Opening Backbends (Saturdays from 2-4 pm)
- Restorative Nada Yoga Nidra w/ Singing Bowls & Poetry (Saturdays from 2-4 pm)
- Anti-Aging Inversions (Saturdays from 2-4 pm)
- Yoga Technique Classes
- Workshop Labs
- Karma Yoga in Community
- Mindfulness Meditation
(2) MBCYT-300 Semesters +100 hours of Supervision: $3700 (Base tuition)
(MBCY students wishing to repeat their YTT experience may do so at a 30% reduction of tuition fee.)
* Please note that the combination of an MBCYT-300 Certificate and an RYT-200 Certificate provides the credits needed for RYT-500 Certification from the Yoga Alliance.
Included in cost of tuition: MBCY Manual * MBCY Centering & MBCY Level One, Two, Three Series * Private Mentorship * unlimited free classes at Global Breath Studio during the time of the training * discounted workshops * 6 month free class pass at Global Breath Studio after completion of Yoga Alliance requirements.
Not included in cost of tuition: Additional fees may include credit transfer fees, specialized certifications, books & meditation CD . These can be purchased with a 10% discount at Global Breath Studio (supporting local bookstore 'Letters' in downtown Durham).
A $500.00 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your space. Payment of the balance is due no less than 14 days before first day of Module. No refunds are given for cancellations made less than 14 days before first day of module.
Interest-free payment plans available. Please e-mail Nina to discuss @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACT NINA AT NINABE.MBCYT (AT) GMAIL.COM OR 919-559-0464 TO TALK MORE ABOUT THE DETAILS AND TIMELINE FOR THIS PROGRAM. TO REGISTER FOR THE ADVANCED YOGA THERAPY TEACHER TRAINING, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
MindBody Centering Yoga welcomes students of all ages, creeds, religious beliefs, physical abilities, and gender orientations.